Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Ambiguity of Usefulness ~ 9

As this is the 9th series, I'll give a special warning. Do not read if you're not prepared. I will not take any consequences as my teacher once said to me: "There's no right or wrong in an opinion, and you may question everything."



Once, I blurted out this question after give a glance to nautilus: "Do you know about the golden spirals?"
"What about it?"
"I'm just thinking about 'cause-and-effect', 'karma', 'butterfly effect', 'domino effect', or 'ripple effect'."
"Yes?"
"To a certain point, there's a particular thing that triggers all of . . . these," I waved my hand to myself, him, and every things around us.
"Do you mean like, big bang?"
"Exactly. But what triggers the big bang itself?"
"Some said nothing triggers big bang. In other words, the first cause is nothing. But, personally, I still keep a slot inside my brain that something should be held responsible."
"I recall you like The Matrix."
"Sort of. Why?"
"Religion is a sensitive matter. That's why, I bring The Architect into this picture."
"Fair enough. Go on."
"For some people, The Architect may resemble the existence of the Omnipotent One, or the one who needs to be held responsible for the big bang."
"That, or The Architect himself is a product of big bang."
"Interesting point. Yet, those two points do not bring us further."
"As to 'what' and 'why', correct?"
"Yes. Either way, whether The Architect exists, or not, it does not bring us to the conclusion of 'what' and 'why'. Although it will sound like a mockery, the role of The Architect himself is vague."
"The fear that I will always have, is like, all of these mean nothing. A mere justification since we, humans, need something to hold onto. Something to believe, to worship. Idol."
"And without it, Homo Homini Lupus."
"Now, everything that the monk said, starts to make sense. Full is empty, and empty is full. All of these are a mere justification, or illusion, since we starts from nothing, and we'll return to nothing."
"So, why are we here again? Why don't we stop making babies?"
"I don't like the idea of pointing the fault to our DNA, but that's one of the easiest things to do."
"Suppose I say that either the big bang itself, or The Architect himself, is the chaos point of what we acknowledge. Will you receive it?"
"...I need a beer."
"Nice trick, but that doesn't answer my question."
"Do you really want to know?"
"Go on."
"For me, I won't. It does not fit the pattern that we comprehend as of today. Saying 'nothing' as the start point of everything is like 'all-of-these-are-for-nothing'. The pain, joy, sorrow, happiness. What are these chemical reactions for?"
"Say, if The Architect is the first point of everything?"
"...can I skip this one and return it back to you?"
"What do you mean?"
"I want to know your answer."
"Personally, it still doesn't make sense. It's like thinking that humans are similar to cattle, breed for a certain, or unknown purpose, which may end up in the slaughter house. More to pyramid of castes in which the pariahs will go down first, no matter what."
"...I seriously need a drink. Shall we?"
"After you."



"All of the questions before, does something happen to you?"
"It's like this. If the things you trust the most are nothing but fabricated lies, what will you do?"
"Is that how you see the society, or something else?"
"That's for everything. In a simpler term, something that will make you scream 'my-whole-life-is-a-lie'!"
"Well, there are two golden rules for everything."
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's one."
"The second one is the opposite. Ever heard of Jack Donovan?"
"Surprise me."
"Here's what I can remember: 'Violence is the gold standard, the reserve that guarantees order. In actuality, it is better than a gold standard, because violence has universal value. It’s time to quit worrying and learn to love the battleaxe. History teaches us that if we don’t, someone else will.'"
"Back again to Homo Homini Lupus. From what I understand, the existence of The Architect is less important in today's society. However, the golden rules do not answer my question of the reason."
"Do you think you must know the reason of the first?"
"Once, my friend said that he will achieve enlightenment, just like Buddha. Probably this is the same thing, although I must admit that doubt will always haunt me."
"What kind of doubt?"
"That the enlightenment itself does not exist. Or, like Vanya said, a product of white lies for a greater cause."
"Vanya?"
"Ivan Karamazov."
"Then why don't you make one? Your own raison d'etre, I mean."
"They always end too soon. This one will be the ultimate, since nobody can provide the answer. Well, up to now."
"So, instead of move forward, set your focus to the future, you'll create a path to the past so that you can move forward."
"Kind of."
"I still don't quite understand. Technically speaking, you can believe on the thing, or things, that you can choose to believe in. Even if you choose not to believe, you already stand on something."
"Yes, but those things may have 'holes'. Imperfect stuffs. It's not easy to fulfill all conditions."
"What if that imperfection makes us unable to understand perfection, such as the first cause? You won't reach the point to understand the whole plot of existence just because we are, in a way or two, designed to understand the other way around."
"...you got me there. In other words, there's a probability that asylum is the perfect place to reach perfection."
"I won't say amen to that, but somehow, I do believe that it's possible."
"I hope you're not trying to say the same thing for the 'previous'."
"I'll keep my mouth shut for that. Most of us are still comfortable with Stockholm syndrome. I won't say a false sense of liberation, since it may be applicable to myself. Even you."



And the world goes on and on.

No comments: